Providing the best we can for every pupil is what we are about at St Thomas’. This page introduces our Inclusion Team but every teacher at St Thomas’ is a teacher of SEND.
We start with Quality First teaching to ensure that all children are included and make the progress they should. There are a series of Intervention Waves (see below) and we work very hard to ensure each and every child achieves their very best in every way while they are at St Thomas’.
- SEND Information Report
- Addendum to SEND Information Report (Covid 19)
- Waves of Intervention Information
- SEND Policy
The aims of the Inclusion Team at St Thomas of Canterbury are that:
- all pupils, regardless of their particular needs, are provided with inclusive teaching which will enable them to make the best possible progress in the school and feel that they are a valued member of the wider school community.
- We expect that all pupils with SEND will meet or exceed the high expectations set for them based on their age and starting points
- We will use our best endeavours to give pupils with SEND the support they need
- Ambitious educational and wider outcomes will be set for them together with you as parents and with your child
- We want all pupils to become confident individuals who will be able to make a successful transition on to the next phase of their educational journey and into adulthood
We are looking forward to working as a team and with families to provide the best provision possible for the children at St Thomas’.
Meeting the Inclusion Team
Appointments to meet with Mrs Carter as Inclusion Leader or our SENDCo, Mrs McNiff and our Home School Link Worker, Claire Daniels can be made through the School office or direct by phone or email. All the contact details are in the SEND Information Report
For more details about our Home School Link Worker please see HOME SCHOOL LINK WORKER INFORMATION
Mrs Carter is also our Designated teacher for looked after and previously looked after children
The Inclusion Team at St Thomas’
Inclusion Team Leader
Kate has responsibility for intervention and Inclusion across the school. email@example.com
Caroline Mc Niff
Senco (Special Educational Needs Coordinator)
Caroline has responsibility for provision for children with SEN and Education and Healthcare Plans across the school. Caroline has a Post graduate qualification in SEND meeting the requirements of the National Award in Special Educational Needs Co-ordination. firstname.lastname@example.org (Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays)
Special Educational Needs Assistant
Annalise provides support to Caroline and has a particualr focus on speech and Language support
Home School Link Worker
Claire has a pastoral role supporting families and signposting where additional support can be sought if necessary. email@example.com Mobile: 07725250435 (Mondays 8.30am - 1.30pm and Tuesdays and Thursdays 8.30am - 4.30pm)
ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant)
Heather delivers Emotional Literacy support sessions to children on a one to one basis.
Alison Skobelski co-leads Maths Intervention across the school. Interventions include Snap Maths, 1stclass@number and Success at Arithmetic.
Lisa May co-leads Maths Intervention across the school. Interventions include Snap Maths, 1stclass@number and Success at Arithmetic.
Grazyna leads speech and language interventions across the school with a focus on our Early Years' classes and children for whom English is an additional language.
Sarah Simpson gives SEND admin support.