Message from our Headteacher
Welcome to St Thomas’ of Canterbury Catholic Primary School
St. Thomas of Canterbury School is a Catholic Voluntary Aided Primary School in the Guildford Parish of the Catholic Diocese of Arundel and Brighton. It was opened in 1966 and so this is a special year for us as we celebrate our 50th Anniversary.
The school is a two form entry co-educational day school situated in the Merrow district of Guildford serving the local community as well as surrounding areas.
We have one Golden Rule that drives everything we do: we treat others as we would like to be treated. In this way we learn respect and kindness and we strive always to be the very best that we can be. We look to be the best we can be in our relationships, in our emotional and physical development and, of course, in our academics.
I hope that you can find everything that you want on our website but if not please do contact us and ask!
The aim of St. Thomas of Canterbury School is to fulfil our Mission Statement by providing a loving caring community of adults and children inspired by the Love of God, in which each child will feel happy and secure. It is in this atmosphere that he or she will be encouraged to develop his or her interests and abilities to the full. A keen interest is taken in the individual pupil and we are concerned for the development of “the whole child”.
The aims of St. Thomas of Canterbury Catholic Primary School are:
- To guide our children to grow in the love of God and build relationships that will enable them to make a positive contribution to the school and society.
- To develop an exciting, challenging and creative curriculum that produces confident and successful learners who are the best that they can be.
- To develop high quality learning that enables every child to flourish, to discover their talents and be lifelong learners.
- To establish a teaching and learning environment that encourages everyone to enjoy, to achieve, to be inclusive, to be healthy, and to stay safe.
- To nurture a strong partnership between home and school.
- To have respect and understanding for our school, our community and our world, helping our children to become responsible citizens and good role models.
Making S=P+A+C+E for learning
Our focus is on bringing out the best in everyone. To do that, we look to the children’s emotional, spiritual and physical wellbeing and the major impact that that has on every aspect of life including of course, our learning! This is all part of our promise to make S=P+A+C+E for our learning, where Success comes from Perseverance, a positive can-do Attitude, Confidence in ourselves and, of course, Effort. You can read more about this throughout the website.